One worker died after being electrocuted, and another worker suffered major injuries during an accident at a California high school on July 17. Emergency responders declared the worker, who was in his 20s, dead on the scene. The other worker was taken to the hospital and was in critical condition on the day of the accident. The two men were standing on a scaffold, helping a booster club to put up a banner, when the incident occurred.
An eyewitness at the scene said that the coworker who had not been electrocuted got badly injured after trying to administer CPR to the other construction worker. According to accounts by the eyewitness and an Orange County Fire Authority spokesperson, the construction worker fell approximately 25 feet to the ground after his body came into contact with an electric wire, and his hand and hip was set on fire. The man was treated for serious burns and injuries from the fall after the accident.