Government Torts

When you have been injured in an accident, it may be clear who the negligent party is and that he or she is responsible for your injuries. However, determining who is responsible can be complicated in situations involving governmental entities. If you have been involved in an accident and believe that a city, county, state or other governmental entity may be responsible, it is important to have an attorney on your side who is not afraid to take action on your behalf.

At the Whittier, California, area law firm of Dixon & Daley, LLP, we use our more than 40 years of personal injury and legal experience to file claims against governmental entities that are responsible for injuries suffered by individuals. Our personal injury firm does not back down and is not intimidated by even the largest opponent. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.

It is important to remember that in order to successfully make a claim against a governmental entity for personal injury, a written claim must be properly filed with the correct governmental entity WITHIN THE STATUTORY TIME LIMIT. This time limit is generally six months, but may be extended under certain circumstances. Failure to comply with this legal requirement may result in the claim being barred, and a loss of all rights and remedies for injuries and damages sustained. There are other legal time limits involved in claims against governmental agencies, and the lawyers at Dixon & Daley, LLP, have the experience, training and knowledge to ensure that your rights are fully protected.

Accidents And Injuries

  • Auto accidents: If you have been injured in an auto accident involving a government vehicle or government employee who was driving a vehicle for governmental work purposes, you may have grounds upon which to file an injury claim against the entity.
  • Premises liability: If you were involved in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall on premises owned or maintained by a city, county or other governmental entity, and sustained injury, you may be able to seek compensation from the public entity based upon the negligence that can be proven.

In addition to car accidents and premises liability matters, we handle all other types of personal injury claims against governmental agencies. Whether you have suffered a severe injury such as a spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury, or a less serious but still debilitating injury, such as broken bones, let us help.

Contact A Government Tort Claim Lawyer Now

To further discuss your injury and the situation in which you became injured, contact us at 562-946-3737. If you prefer to send an email, you may do so using the form on this website. Initial consultations are free. Our legal fees in injury-related cases are contingency-based, which means you do not pay unless you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.

Hablamos español.

Case Results

$4.5 Million Settlement

Medical Malpractice - Hypoxic brain injury during surgery.

$2.9 Million Settlement

Construction site accident resulting in cervical fusion

100% Permanent Disability Award

Workers Compensation - Multiple injuries to State worker

$1.6 Million Settlement

Truck v. pedestrian accident resulting in multiple factures.

$1.2 Million Structure Settlement

Workers Compensation - spine injury with guaranteed payments for life.

$1.2 Million Settlement

Motorcycle v. car accident resulting in multiple fractures and scarring.

$933,000.00 Settlement

Child burned when table collapsed spilling scalding water from coffee um.

$850,000.00 Settlement (Before MICRA)

Medical Malpractice - Endotracheal injury during surgery resulting in death.

$780,000.00 Settlement

Disputed liability car v. truck collision.

$500,000.00 Settlement

Workers Compensation - Spinal injuries to delivery driver.

Contact Us For a Free Consultation